Youth leaders, we have an EXCITING challenge for your Youth Ministries!
House of Hope RI has begun a fundraising campaign to raise $900,000.00 — the funds needed to purchase TWO residential homes for the next phase of our ministry to troubled teens and their families. $528,000 will purchase the two homes, and the remaining funds will pay for renovations, furnishings, and operational costs for the homes and the Hope Academy, our school.
We’re asking all New England youth ministries to partner with us by hosting their own fundraisers between the dates of October 16th and November 16th. We’re throwing a giant Pizza Party Celebration, rally and concert on Friday, November 29th at a Rhode Island church for ALL the youth groups who take part!! (We’ll contact you with details using the email you register with.) The THREE youth ministries who raise the MOST will be announced the night of the Pizza Party Celebration and honored with prizes just for them! You’ll also hear from our Executive Director, Mark Tufano, all about House of Hope RI and what God is doing to deliver your teens’ friends from the bondage of darkness. We’ll have great music from local Christian artists, T-shirts and bracelets for sale, and giveaways. You don’t want to miss this!
Below are some ideas for your fundraiser!
- Walk a 5k, and ask family and friends to pledge $1 for every kilometer you walk
- Host a yard sale, or several yard sales on the same day! Use Facebook to spread the word!
- Have a bake sale at your church, asking for donations to House of Hope RI
- Have a babysitting night at your church, asking for free will donations to House of Hope RI
- Sell handmade bracelets to remind people to pray for this generation
- Set out a simple donation box with a flyer asking church members to donate (need brochures from House of Hope RI? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!)
- Have a Talent Show and ask for free will donations at the door! Sell concessions at the Talent Show!
If you just want to donate to House of Hope RI (tax-deductible!), click here!
Do you have other fundraising ideas to share? Tell us in the comments!